Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It was a good day today.

I sat at my desk properly caffeinated, with the sound of the new Coldplay album in my ears as I extricated the lovely white goo from the center of maple frosted long John. I am basking in the glow of one of the best compliments I have ever received.

One of the girls in the office cut her hair last night. I told her it looked good. Later she told me, "AC, thanks for always making me feel good about myself."

If I can leave this world and people say that when they remember me, it will have been a good life. Those people that have done that for me have been the people I would do anything for and always valued what they had to say because they had added something to my life. That is very different from those people in my life who simply criticised me in the name of mentoring or helping without the authority that a real relationship provides.

Thanks for reading.

AC

No comments:

Post a Comment